Friday, January 4, 2008

Welcome Welcome

Well, I have 10 new years resolutions for 2008 and #2 is to start a Nick blog and write twice a week. I'm pretty excited to finally be doing this and I hope that it will be effective in allowing me to see myself grow over the next 361 days. I'm willing to bet that once I start this blog nothing fun and exciting will happen to me anymore/entertainment for one and all. My life has been a nothing short of a surreal experience up until now and for the first time in my life--I have written goals and aspirations. Thank you for all who read this, but it's mostly for me. I've noticed that the older I get and the longer I stay single, ie., not married again, the more selfish I become, something I hope to work on as time goes on. That's my intro.

As my first post I guess I should state my new years resolutions: note they are not in any order of importance.
#1 Sell 150 cars/11.5 a month/2.875 a week
This seems like a very realistic goal as I sold nearly 100 cars my first year. Nothing crazy but keep in mind that I work at a highline dealership where volume isn't the name of the game, it's front and back end gross that is important to my managers. Also, this goal will have a direct effect on other goals later on down the list.
#2 Start a Nick blog--write 2x's a week. Here goes nothin'.
#3 Read Scriptures daily. This is a lot easier for some people I know, but I tend to read daily then life gets good and then I stop and fall off the boat. It's a viscious cycle and I plan on stopping it this year.
#4 $20,000 bank account for a home purchase in 2009. My parents are constantly on me about buying a home, so whether I end up living there or not, I would like to buy a house next year. It'll be a good investment at the very least. I have started a spread sheet with my budget and I will need to take home nearly $4400 a month to meet those goals, a mere $52,000 this year--I can do it.
#5 Don't compromise morals for females. Last year was a disaster as far as my love life goes, and that is an understatement. I am going to stick to what I know is right and only date girls with jobs, good LDS girls and a good head on their shoulders--all crazies need not apply.
#6 Visit Austin & Sarah in Atlanta whenever Delta has a cheap, last minute flight. Austin Latchaw is my best friend and he is going to play his music and movies extremely loud so his next door neighbors move. Then I can move next door and we can merge our garages together and work on our dream--starting a car tuning company--with neither of us having any kind of engineering background, just a love of cars.
#7 $10,000 Porsche savings account. I love my 2007 Audi A4 S-line with upgraded ECU and a cold air intake. HOWEVER, it is absolutely killing me everytime I take a customer out on a test drive, b/c I want to take one home so bad. They are the most amazingly well built machines on the planet. Think it's all hype? Let me take you out in one doing 75 mph around a 110 degree turn letting the back end slide out ever so slightly. What a blasty blast.
#8 Run 2x's swim 1x's lift weights 1x's a week. However, I would like to make an adendum to this one, If I am unable to swim, it can be substituted for running. In the future I would like to run a marathon, or at least a half marathon. I just want to stay healthy and feel good. I love exercise because of how it makes me feel, which I have learned is a little chemical inside my brain called endorphins, I love em'.
#9 Read a book bi-monthly (6 total for the year) I haven't quite decided what books I want to read, but reading 6 different car magazines a month just isn't as intellectually stimulating as I would like. So if any of you have any suggestions or books that you have read lately that you enjoyed, please share your recommendations.
#10 Study Japanese every Sunday for at least one hour. I added this one a little late to my list, in fact I came up with it yesterday and am adding it now. I spent two long years learning one of the toughest languages on this planet and I'll be darned if I'm going to lose it. I bought the rosetta stone program 1&2 two months ago, and I've only loaded the cd's once. Pathetic.

So, there are my top ten new years resolutions! I plan to use this blog as a progress meter of all ten of them, sort of like making myself give a public accounting for all of them. I tend to accomplish more when I know people are watching.

So far I've sold one car, a Jetta SE to one of the nicest ladies in the world, only 149 more to go. I've read my scriptures for the last two days and I am going to go buy a book tomorrow called the Infinite Atonement at Deseret Book. I ran two miles on tuesday and I am heading to the gym to run some more right now before work to at 1:00 PM.

I look forward to your comments--if you simply read my blog and don't have anything to say, please just type a one letter comment to let me know someone read it, I'd really appreciate that. Thanks!

No comments: