Friday night was a lot of fun as I picked up my brother Devan and sister Karen from my grandpa's cousin's house in Cottonwood Heights. They had flown in earlier in the day from Christmas break in Indianapolis at our parents house. Judy had been kind enough to pick them up and take them to her house until I got off of work. The weather was terrible--Judy's power was out when I got there so we headed back to Provo rather quickly. We dropped Karen off at the dorms and Devan spent the night on the floor at my place.
Saturday I had work at nine a.m. so Devan came with me and got a tour of the dealership, then I dropped him off at Midas where the Buick's brakes were getting done. He then chilled at my house playing Call of Duty 4 on the Xbox 360 until I got home at five p.m. I sold a car over the phone, via faxes and emails to a very nice lady in Grand Junction, CO. Because the weather was so bad here she decided she would come pick up the car this coming Saturday instead of making the four hour trek in the snow. Then Devan and I headed up to Salt Lake to watch Freestyle Motocross at the Energy Solutions Arena. It was pretty cool, but once you've seen the X-Games live in L.A., the scripted circus that is FMX, it just isn't that exciting. However, I think Devan enjoyed it as he had never seen FMX of any kind. Needless to say we left during intermission and went to find Devan's new apartment.
It's a decent place only three miles from LDS business college; it should work well for him over the next four months. We unloaded his stuff and headed back to Provo. We stopped at my friend Adam's place and played some "Rock Band" (Xbox 360) with a bunch of my friends till midnight.
Sunday after church we picked up Karen on the way home, not before she raided a vending machine of hot pockets and fruit snacks to share with everyone though. :-) We just hung out at my place, talkin', then Karen treated us to the deliciousness that is the Cannon Center cafeteria food. I had flashbacks of my freshman year at BYU and at the MTC prior to heading to Japan. The food is just as bad now, as it was then. Karen said she'd make it up to me by taking me over to the Legend's Grill on campus for some smoked salmon tomorrow, since it's my day off. Then Devan headed back to Salt Lake to get settled in and get to bed early as his school started today. I went to ward prayer mtg., then went and chilled with some girls from the ward at their apartment till eleven then went home to bed.
I was 2 minutes late to work this morning so I have to stay an extra hour--so lame--I was hoping to go run before I went to FHE, but oh well...
It has been really slow today. I've only talked to one customer who didn't even have enough time to go on a test drive but sceduled an appt. for next monday. That should be a car deal.
I got 3 hours of Porsche training under my belt this morning--just when I think I couldn't learn more about these cars Porsche sends me more material to learn.
One of my managers wants to set me up with his daughter, he says she's a really good girl and that he'll invite me over for a movie night or something at their home sometime soon.
In closing, a report on my resolutions--I've started a book called "The Infinite Atonement". I'm really enjoying it. I am running tonight and lifting weights tomorrow. I spent an hour going thru The Rosetta Stone program last night, it's amazing how much Japanese I've forgotten, but it is coming back very quickly.
2 comments:
Hey Nick. This is Jessica. Like your blog! By the way Dustin likes all the songs on our blog.:) He keeps talking about starting his own blog because pretty much I have taken over the family blog! I have a book for you......TWILIGHT! Ever heard of it? Dustin LOVED it.
Nick! This is Jason Moyes...your long lost cousin. Dustin sent me a link to your blog. Keep it up. Best of luck with everything.
Post a Comment