Well,I managed to take Friday and Saturday off which was especially nice. I had a great weekend with my Dad and sister Anne in town for General Conference. We were able to attend Saturday afternoon all together and Devan and Dad and I went to Priesthood session at the Conference Center. Then Dad, Karen, Anne and Devan also attended Sunday afternoon and we all met up afterwards over at Judy's (my grandpa's cousin) house for a delicious Sunday dinner and FHE. It was great to spend time with the family and Friday my Dad and I even put in some wrench time on my bike!
The paint work is done, pieces put back on, rear sets and new handlebars (thanks Dad) look fantastic. HID bi-xenon's I'm going to have the shop put on...anything electrical, count me out. High Performance Coating just called me and said my headers are done so I'll be picking them up tomorrow on my day off and assuming the weather is good should be able to take her out for some good miles up the canyon! I'll be sure to post some pictures!
I'm having a tough time deciding what to do this summer as I already have my dream job here selling Porsche's but I can't shake this feeling like I should go sell pest control in Orange County, CA again this summer. I had a fantastic month sales wise here in March but I just don't know what to do. I can't believe I'm even considering going to sell again but I figure if I do, I'll go back to school at UVSC in the fall, finish up my degree and if there is a Porsche sales position open somewhere I'd love to pick it up. The thought of knocking doors for a 4th summer doesn't exactly get me excited but the money is extremely good. With the economy slowing down I just don't know how stable the car market is. It just comes down to what I want to do long term. Maybe I could get my degree and come back and work for the Garff group in corporate. In such an unstable economic environment I feel like I need some stability. Anyone have any advice???
2 comments:
Get your degree!!!! That is priceless:)
Hey buddy.
I don't know: sell Porsches or bugspray over the summer? Seems like a toss up to me.
Oh, wait. No it doesn't. But you've got to make up your own mind. If it was me, forget the extra money (at the cost of a less-than-desirable summer) and do what you love. Your clientèle may not be as affected by an economic downturn--compared to the guy trying to sell Saturns to cash-strapped "normal" people who can't afford to fill up the tank, let alone purchase push-button sport exhaust packages.
Good to hear from you. Good luck deciding.
Post a Comment