Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Great Saturday

Tuesday I went out to Miller Motosports Park in Tooele and took an Intro to Karting 3 hour class. I had a blast. The class consisted of braking, acceleration, cornering exercises and learning how to hit apexes just right, picking your lines, etc. With only one other guy in the class we had the track to ourselves! We had about 45 minutes of classroom instruction which was very useful and I learned a lot. It was especially nice having such a small class size because on the track the instructor only had the two of us to watch, so every 4 or 5 laps I'd come in to the pits for advice and he would critique my driving at different locations on the course. It was a great learning experience and I hope to continue to become a better driver. I'm really looking forward to our Porsche Track Day on June 9th.

Just when I thought this month couldn't get any better...I sold another Porsche yesterday. It's a really cool one too. A limited edition RS 60 Spyder Boxster S. http://jalopnik.com/cars/bologna-motor-show/porsche-boxster-rs-60-spyder-limited-edition-326858.php

Only 1,960 of them are being made with an even more limited number coming to the U.S. The paint on this Porsche is called GT Silver Metallic--it's a $3,100 option alone! It's is stunning. It was sitting in the showroom and I told my client that in the sunlight this color makes Porsche's "Arctic Silver Metallic" paint look cheap. He says to me, "Well I'll never know because it'll take you 30 minutes to get this outside of the showroom." With a smile on my face I said, "15 seconds, time me."

Once I had the car outside I activated the push button Sport Exhaust and reved the engine for him. He practically begged me to let him take it down to I-15 and back but I told him that the thought of putting unnecessary miles on this car makes me cringe and that he needed to be prepared to buy the car mentally prior to taking it for a test drive because, "You will buy this car after you drive it, and that isn't a line or some gimmick--" He paused, starring down the road, mulling it over in his mind, then said "Ok, lets go." I knew I had a deal, because this car is awesome. Let me tell you guys, this is no Boxster. By that I mean, Porsche went all out with this thing, it's the fastest Boxster they've ever made and it is dialed in. The handling and poise of this car was indescribable during the test drive. I'm even ready to place an order! ;-)

When we got back from the test drive the customer said, "Nick, I've got to have that car." We worked out the numbers on his trade (2006 Nissan 350Z Roadster) filled out paper work, and sent him home in a really cool car. I was very excited to see it go to a person that will enjoy it as much as I would.

1 comment:

Tom and Alison said...

Sounds like you are doing well - I'm glad to see we already made it on the blog!! So - I think you should finish school, as you suggested. No one can ever take that piece of paper away!