
LA Angels Game!!!

Nick with two of his coworkers, Skylar and Dave (It was Skylar's first MLB Game)
4th of July- I had strep throat so we hung out inside ALL day, but I didn't want to miss the fireworks, so we went and watched them at a park by Nick's apartment
Nick's birthday dinner at Kabuki Japanese Restaurant in Huntington Beach- The food was sooooo YUMMY! Thank you everyone who came to celebrate with us!
On August 25th, Nick made his way back home to Provo, Utah--this time I came with him, for good=). We have been home for about a week and a half now. Nick has started a new semester at school. He is enjoying his Business Law and Principles of Marketing classes the most. He really enjoys UVU, and is staying busy as the College Republicans Chapter President, in addition to being VP of Service for the Gun and Knife Club on campus. (speaking of guns, Nick's latest addition is an AWESOME Ruger SR-556 Assult Rifle. It's HOT and we can't wait to go shoot it!)


I'm adjusting to say the least. Until now, I have lived within a 20 mile radius in Southern California, so this was a HUGE move for me. On one hand I am really happy that I'm here with Nick and that we don't have to endure the long distance. (In fact we live in the same apartment complex, which has been really nice, because we are in the same ward at church too). On the other hand I feel a little homesick. I really miss the job/career I left behind, my AWESOME roommates, my extended family that is still in CA, my calling at church, and just the familiarity of my surroundings. Fortunately, as each day goes by, I'm starting to feel more at home. I have a lot to be grateful for. First and foremost, I have Nick, who IS my best friend and who has been a huge support to me. I have my immediate family only a few hours away in St. George and my brother right here in Provo. Nick's sister Karen lives right down the street from me; I adore her. Friends who I grew up with in CA are nearby, and we have an amazing new ward with an awesome Bishopric. Not to mention, I am surrounded by BEAUTIFUL mountains. So far the weather has been nice. I'm savoring every last warm day of the season, because I know that the dreaded COLD is right around the corner. I'm hoping that when the snow comes, my homesickness doesn't relapse. If it does, it will be a good excuse to go buy some new coats!

No comments:
Post a Comment