Monday night we got to celebrate Valentine's Day the way I had originally planned. She came over to my place, I barbecued some flank steak to perfection, attempted to make twice-baked potatoes which I had to improvise as they didn't cook fast enough so I turned them into mashed potatoes instead, and I used an amazing recipe I have for steamed asparagus. The table was set with candles and fancy dinnerware--it went off without a hitch. She brought sparkling cider and chocolate covered strawberries. It was delicious. For our belated "Valentine's Day Activity" I had purchased a 1500 piece puzzle online a few days before. (This puzzle is impossible! See pic below.) We worked on it for about an hour, (it will probably take a few months to finish) then we watched a movie.
It was a very peaceful evening and went better than I had hoped. Tuesday was my day off, I got a ton of errands done and finally, it was good enough weather to pull my motorcycle out of storage for a quick ride--I didn't put a battery tender on it nor did I put fuel stabilizer in the tank before I stored it so I had a little maintenance to do before she was up and running. It was totally worth it! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my bike??? I know it is very materialistic and worldly or whatever, but it is so much fun. I can't describe how that bike makes me feel as I ride it up the canyon or just around town. It's awesome. So much freedom, it's great.
Wednesday I went to lift at the gym before work and after work She and I went to the BYU vs. Utah basketball game at the Marriot Center--tickets courtesy of Her dad--Which I called and thanked him for. Her little sister and her friend went with us, we had great seats and BYU won.
Today I've got a buddy of mine that I go riding with during the summers, is coming in to buy a newer A4 for his wife. She is tired of her 2004 A4, ha ha. He is opening a new BMW/Triumph motorcycle dealership in American Fork next month, he wants me to come work for him. We'll see. The way management has been treating people here at my dealership, I just might take him up on any reasonable offer.
2 comments:
Does "she" read this?
Does "she" read this?
Post a Comment